Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thanksgiving

Last weekend I had the luxury of eating of of Aur's mom's incredible Thanksgiving dinners. It was incredible. This Saturday I get to try my hand at cooking up a Viger Thanksgiving dinner for none other than the Vigers. Well, and Aur. I am pretty nervous about cooking this great big meal and don't have a recipe for candied Yams. If any of you have any please email me! Thanks.
Besides that I worked on my resume this week and am getting ready to get out there and apply, apply, apply. Hope something comes up!
Not much else to report...I finished my scarf box though so I will get pictures of it ASAP.
Box=Boîte
Scarf=Foulard
Week=Semaine
Take care,
Deb

3 comments:

Lorna said...

Dear Deb, If by yams you mean sweet potatoes, I 'll tell you what I do: for each person who'll eat a yam, I wash one, prick it with a fork in several places and cook them in the microwave whole. Then I slice them in half, scoop out the middle and put it in an oven-proof bowl. I mash them together with butter and brown sugar or maple syrup, cover the dish and pop it back in the oven while I get all the other vegetables ready to put on the table. when they come out of the oven, you have hot sweet buttery mashed yams---good for us toothless crones. XX Lorna
p.s. you know you'll do good. A person who can make a scarf box, scarves, necklaces, pins, rugs, cute hairdos and a cocktail can handle a Thanksgiving dinner.

Lorna said...

If you'd like me to look at your resumé, I'm good at that kind of thing, and can give it a tweak...

Deb said...

Thank you so much for the recipe! I think it might just be what I use. As for the Resume. I will send it asap. I am out of ideas and can't see how I can make it better. I also know that you are not just good at that you are amazing. Lots of Love, Deb