Sunday, September 19, 2004

Progress

I finished the napkins.
I also took a glass beadmaking course yesterday at Starfish Glassworks in downtown Victoria. It was amazing! Everytime I get to do something creative I realize how much it all means to me. I got to make about thirty or so beads and I had the opportunity to really try out some neat stuff. While everyone else was making nice round beads with spikey things I was venturing into the land of chili peppers and strawberries. I really loved it. The teacher (who doesn't really teach anything but is there to answer any questions) kept saying how big my beads were...Yeah. I would recommend this workshop to anyone and they also have a glassblowing workshop which is what I am hoping to take next.
Glass=vitre
Califlower=chou-fleur
Spinach=épinard
Deb

2 comments:

Lorna said...

pepper = piment
strawberry = fraise
clever = sage
XX Lorna

Anonymous said...

hi deb! it sounds like you are having a great time these days with all your creative ventures!! yay for that. it's so damn satisfying to actually make something, isn't it? i have got the knitting bug again, now that it's cold out. :)

yay for crafting!
let's hang out soon.

xox
lola