Monday, July 26, 2004

What a Great Haircut Can do

I must say that I haven't been in very high spirits lately. I have been on the verge of what has felt like a mental breakdown for way too long now. Things were just a little too much for me to handle well and it was really getting the best of me...
After my hair cut last Wednesday I went home feeling sorta not like myself. Maybe it was the instant loss of 6 inches off the length of my hair or maybe it was just time for me to snap out of it but regardless of the reason, every day since then has felt better than the last.
I am motivated to look into schooling options for this fall and to continue my quest for a full time job so that if school is not possible, I wont be unemployed. I am motivated to make the best of this long weekend coming up. I am motivated to tell my family and friends just how much their patience and support is appreciated and I am motivated to get out of yucky situations as quickly as possible. That is alot of motivation!
Thank you to everyone who has had to put up with my impossible moods lately and I apologize for not giving you the time and energy you deserve.
 
Helpful stuff:
Spoon = Cuillere
Fork = Fourchette
Knife = Couteau
 
Take care and toodleloo,
Deb
 
P.S. If any of you are in the market for an amazing hair stylist who will make you look your best, check out Lola at Wiink on Johnson Street in Victoria.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Debbie -- I can't WAIT to see your hair! Let's have lunch SOON!

And Lola does rock, whether you are in her chair or just talking to her, she can make you feel better about things.

You are an amazing woman, well worth waiting as you work through things, many of which are not of your chosing and you are handling remarkably well.

*hug*
Shan

Deb said...

Thanks Shan! You are pretty great yourself! I am so happy that you won Gold!
Deb

Anonymous said...

oh, deb. you just totally made my day. i'm so glad that you are enjoying your new do. you are a positively gorgeous grrl - inside and out. i am glad to hear the motivation is kicking into high gear for you. you will take this world by storm, i'm sure of it. :)

shan, i miss yooooooouuuu!!! i think we should call a grrl's night at my house soon - you, deb and me. ok, and grant. if he promises to wear an avocado face mask with us and scream with delight when i play Justin Timberlake songs. ;)

big hugs to you two cool chickies (((mwah)))
love lola xo